June 5, 2009

Basil Project - Part 1

One of the things that had me the most excited about moving into our apartment in Brooklyn is the front patio...outdoor space to grow things! Now mind you, I've never actually grown anything, but the concept of not having something in a pot and then sunlight, water, boom, bang, produce (or so I hear) is fascinating to me.

While I'm still planning a larger(ish) expedition to a garden center, I happened upon this all-in -one basil kit - at Jack's 99 Cent store in Midtown of all places - and for $5, (I've been hard pressed to find a single item for 99 cents in that store) and considering $5 is about what I'd pay for a pre-grown basil plant at a farmer's market and it came with the nifty-spifty bucket, I figured I'd give it a go.

Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment